Friday, July 20, 2007

Fluffer to the Bush Administration, David B. Rifkin: "U.S. attorneys are emanations of a president's will."

vs.

"The oath of office is taken by the by all executive and judicial officers, as well as all Federal government employees. It reads as follows:

I (name), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

Find me the word "president" in that oath. Go ahead. I'll wait.

(Via TPM.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home